About Karen (she/her/hers)
In-Person and Online Therapy Sessions
Life is filled with excitement and promise. Unfortunately, it can also be filled with stress, disappointment, and uncertainty. These challenges are difficult to navigate and leaving you feeling lost, confused and defeated.
Fortunately, you don’t have to go through it alone.
If Are You:
- Feeling down, fatigued, and like you’re just “going through the motions?”
- Seeking to reevaluate your career or relationship choices?
- Fearful, anxious and worried about tomorrow before today is even over?
- Overwhelmed by your many responsibilities, but don’t know where to turn for fear of being perceived as weak or inadequate?
You’ve come to the right place; a safe place where you are welcome to share the stress, joys, frustration, success, and/or fear you are experiencing. A space for you to fully express your feelings, thoughts, past experiences, and hopes for the future. With absolutely no judgement!
Through therapy you can:
- Replace negative, self-defeating thoughts with positive ones…Change and growth is inevitable!
- Learn to seek and build the relationships that inspire you and represent the values of your lifestyle.
- Approach every day with a win in mind…a gain…whether big or small.
- Remain optimistic despite your challenges. You have options!
- Focus on what is necessary for your happiness and go for it!
I am Karen Volcy-Sylvain, a Associate Professional Counselor ready to assist you as you make challenging decisions for yourself, your career, and your relationships. I help you replace negative, self-defeating thoughts with positive, and goal-directed thoughts. Personalized services are used to support, guide and encourage you.
As a divorced, working mother of 4 children, I quickly learned how easily one can lose themself to work, marriage, and motherhood. It's easy to set unrealistic expectations for yourself that leave you feeling alone, defeated, disappointed, and depleted; all while trying to make sure everyone else’s needs are being met. As a result, I learned the value of reflection and boundaries. This only enhances my understanding of your need for an empathetic and impartial guide helping to support and encourage you through the various stages of life.
My therapeutic approach is designed to help identify and breakdown negative thoughts which can keep us from achieving our goals by being person- centered with a focus on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Change and growth is inevitable. You are valuable, unique and deserve respect. Our relationship is based on trust and a genuine concern for your wellbeing, mind, body and spirit!
Areas of Experience
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Issues
- Women's Issues
Live the life you deserve!
A life filled with love, health, prosperity, and peace…
Karen is available for individual and couples therapy appointments on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. She provides sliding scale therapy options at a reduced rate of $130 to $160 per session. Self-pay clients only. Karen's services are not eligible for insurance reimbursement.
Karen is licensed as an Associate Professional Counselor. She is providing services under the direction and supervision of Rayvene Whatley, LPC.